Suggester is a tool to assist in the creation of songs and chord progressions. This app will help you find chords that work together. It is efficient and fun; use it to build musical phrases that will carry emotion through tension and release.
Select chords for their harmonic function. The app makes full use of the roman numeral notation.
Simply touch a chord to hear how it sound like. Press the play button to hear the chord progression sequentially and adjust the playback speed.
You can work either forward or backward:
- FORWARD - Pick a scale, then build your song from the chords that the app suggests. That’s the quickest way to assemble chords that are compatible.
- BACKWARD - From the catalog, pick a set of chords that you like. The app will tell you what scales it matches with. After you have selected the scale you want to use, the app can tell you what chords will fit in with the ones you entered before. That is extremely useful in jam sessions!
To spice things up, you can borrow chords from parallel scales.
Explore new territories by using modulation.
Browse the classic chord progressions to find inspiration.
Use Drag and Drop to reorder chords. Hold your finger on an item for a second to start the drag operation. On iPad, you can also drag chords directly from the suggestions to anywhere in your progression.
Swipe a chord from right to left to delete it.
When you’re satisfied, save your experimentations for later reference. Export them by email using either a MIDI file or plain text. You can also open the MIDI file in another app.
Every sound generated with the app is also sent to the MIDI output, configurable in the Options. You can route these notes to another app on your device, an external MIDI port, or remotely to another computer by setting up a MIDI Network Session.
You can trigger chords through the MIDI input.
Use drag and drop between apps! ChordPadX and Suggester can communicate through drag and drop. You can also drag pads and chords into another app if it supports MIDI drag and drop.
Sync up your tempo with other apps with the help of Ableton Link.
In the free version, some of these features are locked. Reach full productivity by purchasing a Full Unlock. You only need to buy it once for all your iOS devices. To unlock your purchase on another device, select “Restore Purchases” in the Options. The macOS version is sold separately.
- Electric Piano
Chromatic Harmony Devices:
- Secondary dominant chords
- Secondary leading-tone chords
- Neapolitan chord
- Augmented sixth chords (Italian, French, German)
- Borrowed chords
Scale Types :
- Major (Ionian)
- Natural Minor (Aeolian)
- Harmonic Minor
- Harmonic Major
- Jazz Minor
- Minor Blues
- Major Blues
- Neapolitan Major
- Neapolitan Minor
- Double Harmonic Major
- Altered Dominant
- Pentatonic Major
- Pentatonic Minor
- and more!
Chord Types :
- major triad (maj)
- minor triad (m)
- power chord (5)
- dominant 7th (7)
- minor 7th (m7)
- major 7th (M7)
- minor major seventh (mMaj7)
- half-diminished seventh (m7b5)
- major seventh flat fifth (Maj7b5)
- minor major seventh flat fifth (minMaj7b5)
- dominant seventh flat fifth (7b5)
- diminished seventh (dim7)
- augmented major seventh (augMaj7)
- 9th (9)
- minor 9th (m9)
- major 9th (Maj9)
- minor major 9th (mMaj9)
- diminished (dim)
- augmented (aug)
- suspended 2nd (sus2)
- suspended 4th (sus4)
- dominant eleventh (11)
- minor eleventh (m11)
- major eleventh (Maj11)
- dominant thirteenth (13)
- minor thirteenth (m13)
- major thirteenth (Maj13)
- and more!
- Compatibility with AudioUnit 3 (AUv3).
- Compatibility with AudioBus 3.
- Compatibility with Ableton Link.
- Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- Support for the Dark Mode.
- Support for drag and drop between apps.
- Support for multitasking on iPad.