Suggester is a tool to assist in the creation of songs and chord progressions. This app will help you find chords that work together. It is efficient and fun; use it to build musical phrases that will carry emotion through tension and release.
Select chords for their harmonic function. The app makes full use of the roman numeral notation.
Simply touch a chord to hear how it sounds. Press the play button to hear the chord progression sequentially and adjust the playback speed.
You can work either forward or backward:
- FORWARD - Pick a scale, then build your song from the chords that the app suggests. That’s the quickest way to assemble chords that are compatible.
- BACKWARD - From the catalog, pick a set of chords that you like. The app will tell you what scales it matches with. After you have selected the scale you want to use, the app can tell you what chords will fit in with the ones you entered before. That is extremely useful in jam sessions!
Pick chords and scales from our huge catalog. To go even further, you can create your own custom scales and custom chords.
To spice things up, you can borrow chords from parallel scales.
Explore new territories by using modulation.
Browse the classic chord progressions to find inspiration.
Use Drag and Drop to reorder chords. Hold your finger on an item for a second to start the drag operation. On larger screens, you can also drag chords directly from the suggestions to anywhere in your progression.
Swipe a chord from right to left to delete it.
Tap the note button on the left to change the duration of a chord.
Export your documents as either a MIDI file or a text file.
Every sound generated with the app is also sent to the MIDI output, configurable in the Application Settings.
In the lite version, some of these features are locked. Reach full productivity by purchasing the full version.
- Electric Piano
- Vintage Electric Piano
Chromatic Harmony Devices:
- Secondary dominant chords
- Secondary leading-tone chords
- Neapolitan chord
- Augmented sixth chords (Italian, French, German)
- Borrowed chords
Scale Types :
- Major (Ionian)
- Natural Minor (Aeolian)
- Harmonic Minor
- Harmonic Major
- Jazz Minor
- Minor Blues
- Major Blues
- Neapolitan Major
- Neapolitan Minor
- Double Harmonic Major
- Altered Dominant
- Pentatonic Major
- Pentatonic Minor
- and more!
Chord Types :
- major triad (maj)
- minor triad (m)
- power chord (5)
- dominant 7th (7)
- minor 7th (m7)
- major 7th (M7)
- minor major seventh (mMaj7)
- half-diminished seventh (m7b5)
- major seventh flat fifth (Maj7b5)
- minor major seventh flat fifth (minMaj7b5)
- dominant seventh flat fifth (7b5)
- diminished seventh (dim7)
- augmented major seventh (augMaj7)
- 9th (9)
- minor 9th (m9)
- major 9th (Maj9)
- minor major 9th (mMaj9)
- diminished (dim)
- augmented (aug)
- suspended 2nd (sus2)
- suspended 4th (sus4)
- dominant eleventh (11)
- minor eleventh (m11)
- major eleventh (Maj11)
- dominant thirteenth (13)
- minor thirteenth (m13)
- major thirteenth (Maj13)
- and more!